Khudozhestvenny is the oldest cinema in Moscow dating back to 1909. The building was redesigned by Russian architect Fyodor Shekhtel in 1912-1913. The team conducted extensive preliminary study to preserve heritage elements and revive some design solutions. While reconstruction, architects resolved safety issues, applied complex restoration methods and integrated cutting-edge technologies. Along with screening facilities, Khudozhestvenny now features a cafe, a restaurant, several bars and a library. Regeneration led to the creation of a modern and pleasant public space in the heart of Moscow.