AAP 2016 Winners AnnouncementOctober 3, 2016
NEW YORK, NY, USA – October 3, 2016 – The winners of the first annual AAP Architecture Prize have been chosen. The AAP jury has selected exceptional designs in over 40 categories across the disciplines of architecture, interior design, and landscape architecture. Each design was evaluated on its own merit based on characteristics of Design Excellence, Innovation, and Function.
Congratulations to the 3 Architects of the Year, each of whom will receive the AAP Trophy on October 25 in New York City at the Cooper Hewitt Smithsonian Design Museum.
- Architectural Design Of The Year : Dan Winey – Shanghai Tower
- Interior Design Of The Year: McBride Charles Ryan – The Infinity Centre, Penleigh and Essendon Grammar School
- Landscape Architecture of The Year: Turf Design Studio & Environmental Partnership with Alluvium, Turpin + Crawford Studio, Dragonfly Environmental and Partridge – Sydney Park Water Re-use Project
In addition to the top three winners, hundreds of projects have been awarded titles of platinum, gold, silver, or bronze along with honorable mentions from our many distinguished submissions. A selection of winners includes:
- PLATINUM – Hospitality Interior Design – Antonio Di Oronzo with Times Square Diner
- GOLD – Green Architecture – Dan Kaplan, FAIA, LEED AP with Allianz Tower
- SILVER – Institutional Architecture – Mecanoo architecten/Sasaki Associates with Bruce C. Bolling Municipal Building
- BRONZE – Garden Landscape Architecture – Mary Barensfeld with Hilgard Garden
Browse all the winners here.
About the AAP Architecture Prize:
The AAP Architecture Prize honors designs in the disciplines of architecture, interior design, and landscape architecture with the goal of advancing the appreciation of architecture worldwide.