Firm of The Year Award – FAQs
This document refers to the Firm of the Year program.
Click here to access the FAQs for the other two programs:
Design of the Year FAQ
Architectural Products of the Year FAQ
Are there any submission fees?
Yes. Entry fees are calculated based on firm size, categories entered, and discounts based on deadlines. Please create an account to calculate your exact entry fees. Smaller firms, or firms with special focus enjoy great discounts.
Small firms (less than 10 employees): from $340
Medium firms (10 – 49 employees): from $390
Large firms (49+ employees): from $440
Entry Process and Requirements
What information do I need to provide to submit my firm?
You need to provide the following information on the online submission form:
- Firm name
- Firm Size
- Categories Entered
- Upload 1 PDF or fill out our online submission form.
Companies are required to submit the following information:
- Summary of company history, achievements, awards, contribution to field of work (max 1 page) (Required)
- Work highlights and most significant projects (Required)
- Only include built projects.
- Mention special solutions, technologies, sustainability practices.
- Indicate role in the project.
- Include location and date of completion.
- Include minimum 3 images per project.
- Optional supporting materials: Publicity & press coverage, awards, team, notable architects & designers, information on company culture and team, sustainability practices & community contribution, project and client list, any other supporting material.
- You can either upload all this information in a PDF or just fill out our online form.
- You can download a sample PDF submission here.
What are the requirements for the PDF?
The supporting PDF must be A4/US Letter sized. The maximum size is 20MB. We encourage you to compress the size of your photos before you upload them to the PDF. You can utilize the PDF however you think best represents your firm’s achievements.
Can I cancel my submission and get a refund?
You can withdraw your entry within 48 hours of submission. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance and additional information. Please be informed that when you request a full refund, your original transaction fee is credited back to you minus a processing fee.
How do I know if you got my submission?
After you log into your account, you will see all the details of your submission. If you didn’t receive a confirmation email within 24 hours, please check your spam folder or email us at email@example.com if you cannot find it.
Does my firm have to be based in the US to participate?
You don’t have to be working in the US to participate in the competition. The AMP is open to architects and designers from all over the world.
Does my projects have to be designed or built in the US?
No, AMP is open to projects from all over the world.
When is the deadline to submit entries?
During the Early Bird period, submission fees are discounted.
The Firms of the Year 2021 deadlines and discounts are the following:
- Extended Early Bird Deadline: April 30, 2021 (-15% discount)
- Regular Deadline: June 30, 2021 (-10% discount)
- Final Deadline: July 31, 2021
- Late Deadline (+10% late fee): August 31, 2021
The AMP offers categories separated into three disciplines: architecture, interior architecture, and landscape architecture. In most cases, a project will be suitable for one category; however, there is no limit to how many categories a project can be submitted.
Does my project need to be completed to be submitted?
We accept built or in progress projects.
Does my company have to be an architecture firm to participate?
No, the AMP welcomes creative thinkers from around the world to participate. You don’t have to be an architect to submit your project. Developers and clients can also submit their portfolios for consideration.
Do I have to provide plans or can I just submit photographs?
You are not required to submit your drawings, section plans, or floor plans. However we encourage participants to submit as much information as possible for a better representation of your project. We understand that every project is unique, therefore, you have the freedom to submit any information that you think is suitable. We encourage you to provide a plan of at least one section. This is to ensure our jury will have enough information for project evaluation.
Who are the Judges?
Our international list of jurors consists of a wide variety of professionals in architecture, journalism, interior design, art, and other related fields.
For a complete list of the jury please click here.
How does the Judging Work?
The AMP Jury will evaluate portfolios based on a comprehensive model of criteria that includes:
Consistent, innovative and excellent work quality, sustainability, contribution to community, client satisfaction, positive publicity, and company culture
Can I receive judges rating or comments?
Due to the scope of the prize, our judges are unable to provide individual feedback on projects.
What do I get if I win an Award?
The “AMP Firm of the Year” winners will have their portfolio showcased to a worldwide audience, receive the AMP Trophy, and enjoy extensive publicity throughout the following year.
- Invitation to the Winners Event
- The Firm of the Year Trophy
- Inclusion in the press campaign directed to hundreds of thousands of design professionals, press, and potential clients worldwide
- Inclusion in the Architecture of the Year Book which is distributed globally
- Winners Certificate and Winners Seal to promote winning online and in printed material
Can I make changes to my entry after I have paid?
No, after payment has been made, entries cannot be altered. Please review your work carefully before finalizing payment.
How can I pay for the project that I submitted?
You can pay for your submission online via PayPal or credit card.
Are all the fees in USD?
Yes, at this time we only accept US currency.