Architecture MasterPrize 2022 Winners AnnouncedOctober 18, 2022
Prestigious awards to be given out during ceremony at the world-famous Guggenheim Museum Bilbao on November 24
Los Angeles (October 18, 2022)
When it comes time to celebrate the latest and greatest in architecture, the Architecture MasterPrize (AMP) has long been the premier global industry program.
And 2022 looks to be no different as they recognize some of the most prolific and forward-thinking architects of our era during the 2022 presentation of the architecture awards. During the Architecture MasterPrize awards ceremony, the best architectural projects, firms, products and photographers of the year will be recognized fittingly inside the Guggenheim Museum Bilbao.
The award winners were selected through a multi round voting process by a jury panel of renowned architects, academics, and industry experts. Their selections showcase some of the best overall design, excellence and creativity in architecture in academia and the field.
This year’s Head of Jury was Valerie Schweitzer.
“What an honor to be head juror in AMP 2022,” Schweitzer said. “The entries were rigorously thoughtful, dynamic, and uplifting, and equally excellent was work from established names and unknown offices.”
In addition to their visually striking designs, the jury was impressed by how the award-winning entries demonstrated an amazing balance of form and function. The abilities displayed through this year’s entries are sure to inspire the next generation of architects. Their work today will echo through the future, as the works also reflect an increasingly important focus on sustainability.
This year’s AMP awards included four categories, including the second year of a photography category.
This years AMP awards included the first edition of the architectural photography program as well as our yearly programs celebrating the greatest architectural and product designs:
- Architectural Designs of the Year
- Firms of the Year
- Products of the Year
- Architecture Photography of the Year
Along with an invitation to the Architectural Awards winners receive the AMP Winner Certificate and Winner Seal and benefit from the prestige and recognition that comes from the globally recognized prize and will be featured in the AMP Book of Architecture and the Winners Gallery on the AMP website.
The 2022 winners:
- Architectural Design of the Year – House of Music, Hungary by Sou Fujimoto and Liget Budapest Project
- Interior Design of the Year – Dyson Global Headquarters, Singapore by M Moser Associates
- Landscape Architecture of the Year – A Floating Forest: Fish Tail Park in Nanchang City by Turenscapes of the Year
- Architecture Firm of the Year – MGA | Michael Green Architecture
- Interior Design Firm of the Year: i29
- Landscape Architecture Firm of the Year – WTD Design
Architectural Product Design Award Winner:
- Product Design of the Year – The Envelon System by Grenzebach Envelon
Architecture Photography Award Winners:
- Exterior Photographer of the Year – Yi-Hsien Lee
- Interior Photographer of the Year – Rafael Gamo
“AMP is democratizing the field in attracting and recognizing the array of talent,” Schweitzer said. “My personal favorite was Sou Fujimoto’s House of Music in Hungary. Almost like an oversized garden pavilion, the synergy of nature, music and art create an architecture greater than the sum of its parts. I like the bold use of color, inventive integration of soaring trees at the ground floor, changing elevation, like a forest, and wonderful daylighting through the panoramic insulated glass. While playful and unifying, it still addresses the important practicality of acoustics that is so important for a music hall. In taking risks, the architect has managed to capture some of what Schpopenhauer meant when he called architecture ‘frozen music.’”
Winners will be celebrated during the architecture awards ceremony at the Guggenheim Museum Bilbao on November 24.
Entries that achieved the “Best of the Best” designation by making into the final round of voting across all categories, will also be recognized. A partial list of those entries include:
- Zaha Hadid Architects – BEEAH Headquarters in Commercial Architecture
- Gad – Shaoxing Rice Wine Town Reception Room in Cultural Architecture
- White Arkitekter – Sara Culture Centre in Cultural Architecture
- Mark Cavagnero Associates – San Francisco Conservatory of Music Ute and William K. Bowes, Jr. Center for Performing Arts
- Team V Architecture – HAUT Amsterdam in Green Architecture
- Hello Wood – The Rock Cabins in Hospitality Architecture
- Atelier d’More – Sleeping Lab – Arch in Hospitality Architecture
- Sordo Madaleno – Valle San Nicolás – Clubhouse in Recreational Architecture
- Rob Mills Architecture & Interiors – THIRTY ANDERSON in Apartments interior design
- Rich Honour Design – Time Capsule, A Beauty Lab in Commercial Interior
- CSD.DESIGN – Chengdu Tianfu Art Museum in Cultural interior
- Hiroshi Nakamura & NAP, TAKENAKA CORP – ZOZO, Inc., Head office building in Workplaces interior
- University of Kansas Architecture Mangrove Reef Walls in Outdoor Installations
The event will open with welcome drinks, giving attendees ample time to network with other successful candidates and industry professionals, followed by the ceremony with a dinner provided by Nerua and Michelin Star chef Josean Alija.
About Architecture MasterPrize(AMP)
The mission of the AMP is to advance the appreciation of quality architectural design worldwide. Celebrating creativity and innovation in the fields of architecture, landscape architecture, interior design, product design and architectural photography, the prize is open to submissions worldwide, accepting entries from architects all around the globe.
Winners are selected by the esteemed jury of architects and leaders in the architecture world and will receive the AMP trophy and extensive publicity showcasing their designs to a worldwide audience, plus more.