Winners of the AAP – Firm of the Year Award 2017 AnnouncedAugust 3, 2017
Los Angeles, USA – The American Architecture Prize has announced the winners of its Firm of the Year Award 2017. Global interest was high for the inaugural award, with applications from over 40 countries all over the world. AAP’s jury recognized the work of over 20 visionary companies, awarding titles in the disciplines of architecture, interior design and landscape architecture. View all the winners here.
The American Architecture Prize is a global platform that honors the greatest achievements of architecture firms. The mission of AAP is to celebrate excellence, creativity and innovation across architecture, interior design, and landscape architecture. The Firm of the Year Award recognizes the full portfolio of firms, taking into consideration the company size, specializations and resources.
The winners of the Firm of the Year Award 2017 were selected by AAP’s esteemed jury, comprised of 32 architecture experts and professionals. The following firms have been chosen as the main category winners in 2017 for their accomplishments and vision, and will be receiving the AAP trophy:
- Allford Hall Monaghan Morris from London, United Kingdom – Architectural Firm of The Year
- PFS Studio from Vancouver, Canada – Landscape & Urban Design Firm of the Year
- Kossmann.dejong from Amsterdam, The Netherlands – Interior Design Firm of The Year
In addition to the 3 main disciplines, 19 subcategory winners have also been selected. The winners include:
- Desai Chia Architecture from New York, United States – Small Firm of the Year Award in Multi-Disciplinary Architecture
- Rob Mills Architecture & Interiors from Melbourne, Australia – Medium Firm of the Year Award in Residential Interior Design
- Belzberg Architects from Santa Monica, United States – Medium Firm of the Year Award in Residential Architecture
- Chang Architects from Singapore – Small Firm of the Year Award in Residential Architecture
- JGMA from Chicago, USA – Medium Firm of the Year Award in Institutional Architecture
The AAP also recognized the achievements of 31 shortlisted firms, including:
- Studio Gang from Chicago, United States- shortlisted in Multi-Disciplinary Architecture
- Studio Munge from Toronto, United States – shortlisted in Multi-Disciplinary Interior Design
- Destilat from Vienna, Austria – shortlisted in Commercial and Industrial Interior Design
- Gus Wüstemann Architects from Zürich, Switzerland – shortlisted in Residential Architecture
The complete list of winners and the shortlist is available here.
Winners are invited to the Winners Event taking place in New York City this October. They will also get extensive publicity showcasing their designs to a worldwide audience throughout the next year. While the 2017 Firm of the Year Award winners have already been selected, applications are still open for the AAP Design of the Year Prize, where individual projects will be evaluated and recognized by the American Architecture Prize jury.