The AAP™ – Firm of the Year Award
View AAP Firm of the Year Award 2017 the winners here.
The AAP™ Firm of the Year Award recognizes the excellence of inspiring and innovative architecture, interior, and landscape design firms around the globe.
The Firm of the Year Award honors the total body of work of small, medium, and large companies in their own categories based on firm size and area of expertise. The AAP team and jury have created the most comprehensive award structure that ensures that firm resources and specialization are taken into consideration.
The American Architecture Prize is aimed to be one of the most respected awards in the industry, showcasing the phenomenal talent and vision displayed by architects all over the world. The AAP is built on a passion for architecture that has acted as a catalyst to reward the very best work from architects across the globe.
We believe great architecture is about creating a lasting design that will remain for generations while inspiring people and enriching their lives. Innovative buildings, designs and landscapes can help redesign the way we live our lives for the better and enable us to make the most of the space we have.
Winners will enjoy world-wide media attention, publicity, inclusion in the press campaign, and receive the AAP Firm of the Year Trophy, invitation to the winners event, among other benefits.
Submissions are open to firms based anywhere in the world.
Enter your firm here
The AAP Firm of the Year Award distinguishes companies based on the size of their teams and their specialty. Multi-disciplinary firms are encouraged to submit portfolios to more than one category.
- Small (less than 10 employees)
- Medium (10 to 49 employees)
- Large (50 or more employees)
- Interior Design
- Landscape and Urban Design
- Commercial & Industrial
Awards and Promotion
The “AAP Firm of the Year” winners will have their portfolio showcased to a worldwide audience, receive the AAP Trophy, and enjoy extensive publicity throughout the following year.
- Invitation to the AAP Winners Event in the fall of 2017
- The AAP Firm of the Year Trophy
- Inclusion in the press campaign directed to hundreds of thousands of design professionals, press, and potential clients worldwide
- Inclusion in the AAP Firm of the Year Book which is distributed globally
- AAP Winners Certificate and Winners Seal to promote winning online and in printed material.
Enter your firm now
Companies are required to submit one PDF with their entry, that contains the following information:
- Summary of company history, achievements, contribution to field of work (Required)
- Work highlights and most significant projects (Required)
- Optional supporting materials: Publicity & press coverage, full list of awards and prizes, information on company culture and team, notable architects & designers, sustainability practices & community contribution, project and client list, and any other supporting materials.
The PDF can be utilized freely to best represent the firm’s achievements. Formatting requirements: A4/US Letter sized with a maximum size of 10MB.
Please see the detailed submission requirements and the most frequently asked questions here.
The AAP jury evaluates the firms’ body of work on 3 dimensions:
- Design Excellence refers to the quality and aesthetic of the designed form and structure of the firm’s projects. Do the projects express their purpose and function in a meaningful and visually interesting way? How are the buildings related to their surroundings? Do the designs show a sense of timelessness? Do the designs delight, surprise or inspire?
- Innovation & Contribution refers to the new technologies, special solutions that the firm uses to solve problems, and achieve the goals and purpose of the projects. Projects that improve on old solutions, use new ideas, and incorporate cutting-edge sustainability practices are considered innovative.
- Expertise refers to the firms ability to carry out complex projects effectively. The firm is able to unify multiple areas of knowledge and fit together specific areas of know-how. Expertise also refers to proof of public recognition: awards, achievements and positive publicity.
The AAP is open to architecture firms and design companies globally. Entrants should be able to showcase a body of work over at least a 5 year period.
Register your firm here.